The Association of Parents and Friends of ACT Schools Inc (APFACTS), established in 1982 provides parents of children in non-government schools in the ACT a collective voice on education issues both locally and nationally.
APFACTS membership ensures that:
- issues that you find important form our agenda;
- your views are canvassed and represented to government and key stakeholders both locally and nationally;
- you are represented across a broad range of areas in the education sector through APFACTS involvement in committees and forums of influence;
- you are informed about what is going on in the education sector from an organisation that is trusted and been in the “know” for nearly 30 years;
- your right for equitable funding for the non-government sector is represented;
- your right to choose a school of your choice without unreasonable financial disadvantage is represented;
- you receive invitations and discounted ticket prices to APFACTS events and seminars;
- you can advertise your events on the APFACTS website events page which is viewed by parents in the ACT;
- you receive a quarterly e-newsletter;
- you receive updates from the President of APFACTS.
APFACTS affiliation is open to:
- non-government school parent & friends (P&F) organisations
- non-government parents councils
- non-government school community councils
- other school bodies with parental representation in the ACT.
Annual membership fees are charged at $1.80 p/student (Sept 2016)