Celebration Day for Girls
Did you know that the average age for periods to start is 12.6 years but can be as early as 8 years of age? Are you prepared??
Come along to a presentation from Positive Menstrual Health Educators; Patricia Falcetta and Julia Dendrinos.
Research shows that talking openly with your daughter about periods reduces anxiety and embarrassment and empowers girls to feel confident and self assured as they develop.
- How to start the conversation
- Why it is important to celebrate the onset of periods and how?
- How to create a period friendly home
- The vital role Dad’s play
- Positive body image in the digital world.
This workshop will be on Wednesday 1st August 2018 at 7pm at the Weston Community Hub, Hilder St, Weston, ACT