APFACTS is the peak non-government school parent voice for the ACT, proudly built by parents for parents to have an active voice in education issues.
Established in 1982, the Association of Parents and Friends of ACT Schools Inc (APFACTS), is a peak body representing parents and carers of students attending ACT non-government schools.
APFACTS advances the interests of its membership though engagement with government and key stakeholder groups, as well as keeping its membership informed on the latest and emerging education issues.
As a non-denominational and a-political organisation, APFACTS aims to:
- support parents and parent associations;
- help build and promote parent/school partnerships;
- promote the interests of parents from non-government schools in all aspects of education;
- promote the views of parents to education stakeholders and government and other key stakeholders in the education sector;
- promote fairness and equity and improvement in educational opportunities for all children attending non-government schools;
- respect and represent the rights of parents to choose a non-government school education for their child without unreasonable financial disadvantage
APFACTS affiliation is open to all non-government school Parent & Friends (P&F) organisations, Parents or School community councils, and other school bodies with parental representation in the ACT.